Expanding the Reach for Mental Wellness for Better Performance in Sport & Life
- New Path Youth & Family Services, with the support of Morton Youth Services and coaches, developed Expand the Reach.
- Community based activity groups provide many benefits to youth, and act as a protective and preventative factor for many.
- The coach/athlete relationship is often one of the most significant relationships in a young person’s life.
- The goal is to support coaches and provide them with the necessary “tools”, to assist with the identification of behaviours that may indicate mental health problems.
- Research shows that 1 in 5 children have a mental health problem, and we know that early diagnosis and treatment lead to better outcomes for children later in life, and decrease involvement in youth justice system.
Exciting News for our Expand The Reach Program
RT @BarrieToday: Start of something historical https://t.co/7Zk04bMpUh https://t.co/gGphCIOwj8
RT @MArsalidesCTV: Here's the story behind the Anthony Acchione Classic https://t.co/Yja59Q0L5y @BarrieMinorLax @CTVBarrieNews
Listening to the brave youth tell their stories at the AGM #newbeginnings